Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dubrovinik, Croatia

Dubrovinik was one of my favorite places, it was so enchanting! Right out of a fairytale. It used to be a pirates port. It has beautiful buildings, cobblestone streets and the most georgeous views from the city wall!These were the views from the city wall, it went around the entire city.I took a hundred pictures to try to capture every single moment, the rooftops, the sea, the main square, it was all so spectacular!

Dubrovinik is known as the jewel of the Adriatic Sea, now I know why! The sea was beautiful, deep blue, so nice and refreshing! We took a lot of dips to cool off.
The water was perfect!
Lance cliff jumping in the Adriatic Sea
We found the best places to swim
Ok, like I said, it was such a romantic place! There were birds everywhere
the main street
looking down on the main street from the city wall

Dubrovinik from the city wall

I love the arches and details on this building, inside there was a memorial to the soldiers, the entire city was badly bombed about 15 years ago but has been remarkable restored.
We got to stay here till midnight so we saw the sunset And ate dinner at a cute little outdoor cafe
Dubrovinik was so amazingly beautiful, I absolutly fell in love with the quaint little city in Croatia. It was so romantic, so magical, so picturesque!
Goodbye Dubrovinik!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Melanie! It was great to hear from you! I would love to help you with your blog design. You can check out my stuff here:

www.designerblogsbyerin.blogspot.com

It also explains how to go about ordering! I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Erin