Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mediterranean Cruise

Our cruise was so fun! This was our very first cruise and it was wonderful. Lance worked really hard and earned the State Farm trip, they have one every year but this one was the best! We flew into Rome and were transported to the port Civitavecchia from there we headed to Sicily, then Malta, Croatia, Naples and then Livorno. We had one whole day at sea but the rest of the time we packed in everything we could to take advantage of seeing three different countries in Europe.
On our way to SicilySicily
Leaving Sicily with a beautiful sunset
So romantic!
Thanks for earning the trip LanceWe got to dress up evey night for dinnerI loved it, Lance just wanted to stay in his shorts and sandles :) But how often do we get have a fancy dinner- and free!
Naples The port in Naples was really busy
lots of buildings
This was the day at Sea
The Strait of Messina
The sunsets were so beautiful!
It was like we were in another world!Our delicious dinners
Livorno
On the bus ride from Tuscany
It was hard to leave every little city we visited but the cruise was so relaxing, we had a great time.
Our last night on the cruise ship After dinner we went to the game room, played some air hockey (I won:) and found one of my dad's machines!
our little cabinheaded back to the airport
Goodbye Italy!

14 comments:

Nicole said...

SOOOO much fun!!!! I would love to do that!!! You look beautiful!!!I am so happy you sent Todd an email of your blog!!! I hope life is treating you guys good! We are doing good - just HOT!!!

Nicole said...

I forgot to ask..... when did you go???? It looks like you guys have been quite the travlers!!! How fun!!!

Flinders Family said...

I'm SO jealous! My dream is to take a Mediterranean Cruise and spend most of my time in Italy. Someday! Looks like you had a good time without kids though. We really do need to get together. It's been a long time!

Heather said...

How fun to see the cruise... and yeah Lance for making travel this year. Glad to see things are going well. What an amazing trip - the best I've seen State Farm fork out for yet.

Hope you don't mind me stopping by from time to time to see how you all are doing.

And thanks, Melanie for the comment on ours!

Casey said...

It's been a while since we saw you guys last! Looks like you're having a good time! Your cruise looks like it was so much fun! I am very jealous as well. I love Italy and all it's beautiful culture! (I am Renny's wife, by the way.)

Jen said...

I am glad that you found our blog, and that you told me yours. Your trip looks like it was amazing. One day I will get Josh to take me. I hope you guys are doing good.

Katrina said...

That looks like so much fun!! Congrats to you guys. I know how hard those trips are to win. I am so glad you got to go!! It looks so beautiful!! You both look great!

Love,
Trina

DK Johnston said...

Hey guys...it is Kristan Johnston. Your cruise looks amazing! Abby is so big, and Emma looks just like she did. They are both so cute. It's fun to see what you are up to.

The Teeples Times said...

It looks like you two really enjoyed the cruise. We did too. Too bad we weren't there the same time, it would have been fun.

dreandtonya said...

hey there melanie...i hope that you don't mind that we added you to our blog! hope things are going good for you and your family..it was good to see your parents down and roger and erma's house, while they where bringing your sister down for college!! well talk to you later..
andre and tonya

Ashley said...

I am so jealous! You look like you had a fabulous time. You are such a hot little mama!

Joey and Jana said...

Hi Lance and Melanie,
It's been a long time since I worked at Lance's office, almost 5 years to be exact. Katrina gave me your blog address, it looks like you two are doing great, and your girls are adorable. Melanie is as tiny and gorgeous as I remember too!
I love all of the pictures from your cruise, they are just amazing to look at. Someone is a very good photographer! I love it!
We started a blog not too long ago, if you want you can come check it out, send me your email and I'll put you on the readers list. (janaechevarria@hotmail.com)
Keep up the good work Lance!!
~Jana

Michelle said...

I just realized that I don't have your email! I wanted to respond to some of the comments that you left on our blog. We've wondered how you guys are doing! If you see this soon, will you email me? It's singingsoder@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you soon!

The Mercer Family said...

So OBVIOUSLY it's been a long time since I've checked any blogs, but I LOVED all of your pictures! Man, if I take a cruise, that is the one I am definitely going to take! hehe I just scrolled through all of the pictures and they are sooooo beautiful! Hope you guys are doing well!